ORIGINALLY POSTED ON COMICZONEAZ.com (website no longer active)
My apologies, dear readers, for the lack of updates. My computer has decided it no longer wishes to operate correctly, so my Internet access has been cut rather drastically over the last few weeks.
To make up for that, here are some quick reviews of some things I’ve been reading:
– Gotham City Sirens: In a word? INCREDIBLE. This is THE best thing to come from the Batman: Reborn stories, thus far. Of course, Paul Dini writing Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman is a recipe for awesome. And the art’s gorgeous, too.
– Green Lantern 36, 38-41, Green Lantern Corps 32-38 (We’re completely sold out of GL issue 37): Good times, right here. The Rage of the Red Lanterns, Hal Jordan becoming a Red Lantern, and then half a Blue Lantern, and then dealing with Agent Orange and becoming an Orange Lantern… and finally, the origin of the Black Hand leading into Blackest Night. If you’ve missed any of the issues, I’d definitely recommend picking them all up to get caught up before heading into Blackest Night #1, which came out today.
– Oh My Goddess! vol. 1-3: A sweet, adorable manga series about a college kid who wishes for help and gets his own personal Goddess. The girl in you will love it.
– X-Men: Forever 1-3: Still an interesting change on what happened to the X-Men comics in the early 90s, but I still question “why” this series exists, other than just for the sake of releasing Claremont’s scripts. But, for now, it’s fun, so I’m gonna keep reading.
– Detective Comics #854: Batwoman is pretty cool. I know nothing about her except what’s in this issue, but I’m on board for the next few issues, for sure.
– Red Robin #2: Not really where I wanted to see the series go, but I’ll stick with it for a couple more issues.
I’ll be back later this week with a review of Blackest Night #1!